Geological Survey of Kyrgyzstan
The Department of Geology and Subsoils at the Ministry of Natural Resources, Ecology and Technical Supervision under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic (hereinafter – Department) is the government executive authority implementing the national policy in the field of subsoil. The mission of the Department is to ensure efficient subsoil use.
The Department’s objectives include:
- Systematic comprehensive geological study of subsoil resources
- Public regulation of subsoil use matters and improvement of the national subsoil fund management system
- Protection of subsurface resources and environment at conduct of exploration works and mineral deposits development
- Provision of favorable conditions for the mining industry development
- Maintenance of the unified technical policy in respect of topographic-geodesic and cartographic works; application of the latest scientific and technical achievements and good practices in the cartographic and topographic-geodesic works.